01 09 10

Sunday 16 March 2014

Bonjour et Bienvenue

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while. I've dipped my toe in the vast blogging waters a couple of times. Set up an account and username but have invariably retreated from full blog commitment due to downright laziness, a perception of a lack of time, apprehension and basically not feeling entirely 'ready'.  Over recent months I have become a bit blog obsessed. Following other people's blogs has become one of my favoured distractions and has completely replaced my previous magazine fetish. Blogs are so much better, personal and never ending!

The more blogs I read, the more I seem to have ideas for my own posts, millions of little seeds of ideas bursting for me to put them down somewhere for others to see. My blog will be a hotchpotch of things I love, think and do with no particular organising principle! I hope it will help with a general commitment and interest in being more mindful that I have developed in recent months. A desire to slow down and take note of all of the wonderful, marvellous and extraordinary things that an ordinary day can bring; if you just slow down enough to see them.

So, I will blog about crafting, cooking, reading, running, travelling, all things French and anything else that springs to mind or floats my boat. It will be an outlet for my love of writing and hopefully a magnet for my love of people and learning about their lives.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram